Re: help with a recipe. should be easy?

2009-01-21 17:54:25
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:21:24PM -0700, dan wrote:
  I am trying to create a recipe that will take an incoming email that
  includes attachments such as wmv|avi|mpg and strip the attachment out but
  deliver the rest of the email.  google does not help :(

I use sanitizer. I have it set up to strip some attachments completely, and save others to a specific directory, replacing the binary with a text attachment that contains a web URL that I can use to open the attachments using my browser.

Excerpts from my ~/.procmailrc:

    DEFAULT=${HOME}/mail/mail
    SANITIZER=/usr/bin/sanitizer

    # .... lots of recipes omitted, leading to this last section ...

    # Save selected MIME parts to ~/mail/mime, replacing with local URL.  Do
this
    # after archiving so that the archived copy has the MIME parts still
attached.
    :0fw
      | ${SANITIZER} ~/.sanitizer.cfg

    COMSAT=yes

    # Accept all the rest to my default mailbox
    :0:
    ${DEFAULT}

Ed