RE: help with a recipe. should be easy?

2009-01-25 20:33:16
Ed Blackman wrote Wednesday, January 21, 2009 23:53:

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:21:24PM -0700, dan wrote:

  I am trying to create a recipe that will take an incoming
  email that includes attachments such as wmv|avi|mpg and
  strip the attachment out but deliver the rest of the email.
  google does not help :(

I use sanitizer.  I have it set up to strip some attachments
completely, and save others to a specific directory, replacing
the binary with a text attachment that contains a web URL that
I can use to open the attachments using my browser.

Another solution is demime, which is a perl package you can
download from its source page on the web.

In procmail, I do:

:0 fw
 * ! ^Content-Type:.*text/plain
 | demime --uselynx -

This also converts HTML messages or multipart HTML/text messages to text.

Dallman