Re: procmail regex style using Or construct

2009-02-19 13:02:05
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, o(_dot_)nash(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucc(_dot_)ie wrote:
I tested all three of your suggestions
[ using Ubuntu 8.04 Linux with procmail v3.22 2001/09/10 ]
This is the only one that worked on my system
* ^Date:.* (1|2|3|4|5|6|7) $MNTH $YR

Yes, as noted in other posts, the syntax [8-15] would not work....

While we're at it, are you trying to split up mail by date as a way to manage archiving of old mail? Perhaps rather than messing around with delivery, you might look at the program/package "archmbox" which will scan an mbox and archive or delete mail older than a specified number of days.

- Charles