Re: Maildir and "Date Received"

2009-03-01 12:08:12
On 1-Mar-2009, at 00:49, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2009-02-28 14:08:15, schrieb LuKreme:
It looks like Maildir (or at least Courier) gets its mail received time
stamp from the time on the file itself.  For most things this doesn't
matter, even with my wholesale moving of messages, but for at least one user it really does matter. So, before I move all their mbox-based mail to Maildirs, how do I preserve the received time stamp that will show up
in their MUA?

Your question sounds realy weird...

The receive time is in the top-most Received: header,
which is NOT changed by procmail or courier.

The received time is in the Received headers, but the "received Time" that courier tells my MUAs is the time stamp on the actual file in the maildir. I can set my MUA to show "Sent Time", which it appears to get from the Date: header.

--
You may be anti anti-spam-kook if: Despite having invented the
        FUSSP you not only don't know the difference between the SMTP