RE: formail -A command corrupting attachments

2009-03-07 19:28:44
Phill Edwards wrote Saturday, March 07, 2009 7:23:

By the way, I've never seen a "Phill" with 2 L's before.
My brother is Phillip, but he still writes "Phil."

This recipe adds a message header called "X-PMERule" but attachments
get corrupted:
:0:
* ^TO_.*
| formail -A "X-PMERule: Pass thro to default">>$DEFAULT

I don't see why it wouldn't work, off-hand, but that's
not the usual way to do things.  Also, you don't need
that condition, and the trailing ".*" is pointless.  Just
leave off the condition if you don't want a condition.

Try:

  :0 fw h
  | formail -A "X-PMERule: Pass thro to default"

  :0 A:
  $DEFAULT

Or

  :0
  * add a condition here, or if none, leave this line off
  {
     :0 fw h
     | formail -A "X-PMERule: Pass thro to default"

     :0:
     $DEFAULT
  }

Dallman