Re: ohmigosh! A compile question!

2009-03-31 16:20:58
At 15:12 2009-03-31 -0400, Stewart Dean wrote:
We run our inbox and mailbox directories under filesystem quotaing.
When an inbox is full, there is a message returned: "Quota exceeded while writing <INBOX path/filename>"....which might as well be Greek for 99% of our users

Time to educate them about quotas then. Perhaps they'd purge some of their saved mail if they posessed a clue.

and the people that send them mail, particularly given that it is buried in the error message.

If it is "buried", you should be aware that the changes you're making to your source won't unbury it.

and recompiled which completed without any errors, tho where before the binary was 109412 bytes, now it's 123410, some 14K bigger. Should this work, can I just change this message as I did?

Your original binary may not have had symbols (debug info), or you've had updates to static link libraries since then, which has increased the compiled size. Was your prior binary actually compiled on your system, or was it a "package" binary for your distribution?