ohmigosh! A compile question!

2009-03-31 15:12:25
We run our inbox and mailbox directories under filesystem quotaing. When an inbox is full, there is a message returned: "Quota exceeded while writing <INBOX path/filename>"....which might as well be Greek for 99% of our users and the people that send them mail, particularly given that it is buried in the error message.
So I went hunting in the source and found this
mailfold.c      case EDQUOT:nlog(Quota exceeded while writing")logqnl(buf);

I changed this to:
      case EDQUOT:nlog("Mailbox FULL, CANNOT ACCEPT MSG to ")logqnl(buf);

and recompiled which completed without any errors, tho where before the binary was 109412 bytes, now it's 123410, some 14K bigger. Should this work, can I just change this message as I did?

--
==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly, neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors. Now it's like an apartment in Bed-Stuy: you need three heavy duty pick-proof locks, one of those braces that goes from the lock to the floor, and bars on the windows.... ==== Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Bard College, New York 12504 sdean(_at_)bard(_dot_)edu voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 845-758-7035