Re: Horde Ingo & Procmail

2009-06-30 11:49:21
At 16:40 2009-06-30 +0200, Johannes Grimm wrote:
My Ingo on Horde Webmail is creating filters like this and i don´t know why??

I've no idea what "Ingo" or "Horde Webmail" are. Well, I gather the latter is a webmail interface. So, apparently one of the two of them allow you to create filters and blocklists?

# Von Ingo erzeugtes procmail Script (April 15, 2009, 9:56 pm)
##### Ausgeschlossene Adressen #####
:0
* ^From:(.*\<)?obermaier\(_dot_)h(_at_)fh-rosenheim\(_dot_)de
/dev/null

Has anyobdy seen this before? It is not the typical "user behind a monitor" problem. From time to time users complain about missing mails and the reason is always this!

Well, my guess is that someone may be invoking an option to "block this sender" or somesuch, which is generating the above type of filter. That looks very much like something emitted to match a specific From: address.

Insofar as the procmail part is concerned, it seems to be doing it's job if it is disposing of those messages. Procmail doens't write its own recipes (rulesets), so if these recipes are appearing, procmail isn't your problem - it's whatever program is adding them (this "Ingo" ?).

I'd correlate the timestamp of that recipe addition to the weblogs and see what the weblogs might tell you about what the user was doing.