Re: recipe matches once but not a 2nd time

2009-08-16 08:38:01
On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 08:21 +0100, N.J. Mann wrote:
In message
<1250387896(_dot_)17698(_dot_)373(_dot_)camel(_at_)localhost(_dot_)localdomain>,
      Chris (cpollock(_at_)embarqmail(_dot_)com) wrote:
[...]
This one was posted to the correct folder:
[...]
Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable

This one wasn't:
[...]

Actually, they look different to me. :-)  The first one has a single
space character between the first colon and the next word and the second
has two space characters.  Is that due to the way you inserted them into
your message or are the originals like that.  Have you tried examing
them using od(1), hexdump(1), or some other tool?

As for the recipe itself, I usually do the following in recipes
involving the Subject: header:

:0
* ^Subject:.*the_text_I_want_to_match

i.e. a dot followed by a star.  Which means match one or more
characters.

Cheers,
       Nick.

Good eye, you're right, there are two spaces between the : and the next
word in the one that made it into the spam folder. I do have a few
recipes with the .* guess I need to change this one to match.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Chris

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C