Re: Problem with Procmail and losing Messages

2009-08-30 12:17:38
At 06:29 2009-08-30 -0700, Lance Robertson wrote:

# If the NFROM is INVALIDFROM then handle incrementing the spammer count
:0fw
* ? $GREP -i ^$NFROM$ $INVALIDFROM
| /home/lrzone/logspam.pl

Uhm, what foes LOGSPAM _DO_ with the message? Here, you're likely CONSUMING THE ENTIRE MESSAGE and leaving a NULL message for procmail to handle. Try changing the 'f' to 'c' on the flags on this recipe if you're not intending to change the message by filtering.

# If the NFROM is INVALIDFROM then handle putting it in the correct email box
:0:$HOME/.invalidfromlock
* ? $GREP -i ^$NFROM$ $INVALIDFROM
$HOME/mail/INVALIDFROM

Q: why are you putting the lockfile in a directory which differs from the mailbox location? This is normally done only when you can't actually create files in the target dir (such as in the system mailspool)