Re: Help needed setting up simple procmail setup

2009-09-09 14:52:50
In message <00c901ca3177$88ba7230$9a2f5690$(_at_)com>,
        Rob Henry (rob(_at_)sharpbus(_dot_)com) wrote:
This problems had me frustrated yesterday but I finally did achieve some
success.

I had another think about this today and all I can think of is that you
have a permissions problem.  Please note that I have never run procmail
the way you are and so I am having to assume that the man pages are
correct.  I always run procmail from a .forward file in my home
directory, hence it is always run with my uid and gid.

If I added my included to the /etc/procmailrc file instead of in
the users /.procmailrc everything worked as expected. I don't know why that
made a difference by my vacation.rc file which is in the same directory as
it was before now gets read and executed.

This still makes me think it is permissions.  I sounds like it works
when procmail is running as root and fails when it is running as
non-root.  Is that correct?

Please put

LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
VERBOSE=on

at the very start of /etc/procmailrc and comment out all other
occurrences of those settings from _all_ of your procmail rc files.
Then put the vacation stuff back where you had it and send us the
resulting log file.  It may not give us any more information than you
have already provided, but there again it may.

Cheers,
       Nick.