Re: Cat a file to sendmail

2009-11-16 10:56:28
At 01:37 2009-11-16 -0600, JW Simpson wrote:
(What's up with the "o" in "-io"?  My sendmail doc doesn't show a
useful semantic for it.)
You've got the i and the o in the wrong order.
It's supposed to be -oi which means set "option ignore dots". ... From the man page: "Ignore dots alone on lines by themselves in incoming messages.
though that's what -i does all by itself. <g>

-oi would be preferrable, since it's part of the semantic which allows for other options, and -i might get deprecated (though with as long as it's been used, probably not).