Re: Using procmail to organize PDF files

2009-11-16 15:13:10
At 20:37 2009-11-16 +0100, Justin Gombos wrote:
I've posted a script that takes the first step, and composes a phony
email using information extracted from PDF files, and enables the
email to be scored and handled procmail-style:

Not to discourage you, but if you have a mechanism for extracting the PDF metadata, I'd think it'd make sense to build directly upon that to do your filing. Like injecting the data directly into an SQL db (probably even storing the PDF itself).

How is it you're planning on conducting the "search" part of your equation? How is the PDF file itself moved about, or is it residing on the local host and you're just generating an email message with summary info?