Re: Vacation

2009-11-16 21:16:49
At 20:01 2009-11-16 -0500, R A Lichtensteiger wrote:
  :0 Whc: vacation.lock         # Put the email address in a cache file
  | formail -rD 8192 $PROCS/.vacation.cache

  :0 ehc
  [insert sending recipe here]

formail's barely documented trick of caching from_ addresses instead
of Message-IDs.

That may be so, but it doesn't appear to actively do anything to avoid sending vacation messages to LISTS.

I prefer to determine what address I'm supposed to be sending the message to and using THAT address to determine if I've already sent a message to it. the from_ address isn't necessarily the same address to which a reply will go.