Re: Placing Content In Email Body

2009-11-22 15:49:58
Excellent solution, thank you.

One further question if I may, how do I blank the body first so that all
that appears is my echo statement ?

Thanks

Shane

* reti(_at_)igrin(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz wrote:
Something like:

#Add new body content "Answer this question"
:0Hc
*^From:(_dot_)*GDM(_at_)GDM(_dot_)COM
| formail -I"Precedence: junk" \
           -A"X-Loop: Autoreply Checker" ; \
   echo "Answer this question ?"

#send it to who(_at_)who(_dot_)com
:H
*^From:(_dot_)*GDM(_at_)GDM(_dot_)COM
! who(_at_)who(_dot_)com

You don't want the "c" flag on the first recipe - that sends a copy of
the message to the pipe, but the next recipe will still see the
unaltered message. You need "f" instead, which makes procmail use the
pipe's output as the input for the following recipes. Try something
along these lines:

:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*GDM(_at_)GDM(_dot_)COM
{