Re: Recipient Address Variable?

2009-12-01 10:57:11
At 08:50 2009-12-01 -0600, Scott Moseman wrote:
When the system procmail recipe is being processed, is there a system
variable that would be available to tell which email address and/or
local account the message is destined for?  Unless I'm missing
something the closest available variable is DEFAULT which maybe I
could use to parse out the local account that will get delivery?

There is no guarantee that $DEFAULT will contain anything related to the email address. What happens when procmail is invoked via a pipe (say, from an Mprog mailer invoked from an alias expansion)? Also, DEFAULT may be redefined, either by the user, or in /etc/procmailrc (the global procmailrc file), for whatever reason.

Can you indicate what it is you're trying to achieve?

When invoking as am Mprog mailer, I deliberatley pass an identifier in the commandline of procmail so that I can parse it out in the rcfile.