Re: Recipe help request

2009-12-09 19:56:59
At 19:12 2009-12-09 -0500, Angus McIntyre did say:

In general, this works well. However, in a small number of cases, the
message is not delivered to $SOMEMAILBOXDIR, but rather to the default
delivery directory.

I would evaluate whether the recipe condition is matching for it. Read your VERBOSE logfile. Does the default delivered message have the modified headers?

Message encodings can lead you to believe a message should be matched when you're viewing it within a client which decodes different character sets. Look at the raw message in the mailbox using vi or more...

In a very few cases, it also looks as if multiple recipes are applying to a single message (the goal is that only one recipe should apply to any given message).

Surely your VERBOSE logfiles have SOMETHING to say about this?

The perl script may not be reading the entire message (say if it is processing and kicking out as soon as it sees a match for something), and procmail may be seeing some messages as failed pipes, as not all of the data it put in its write buffer was read. In these cases, thouse messages will remain in procmail and be evauated against subsequent recipe conditions. Use the 'i' flag if this is the case.