Re: Recipe help request

2009-12-11 10:39:03
At 10:10 2009-12-11 -0500, Angus McIntyre wrote:

Surely your VERBOSE logfiles have SOMETHING to say about this?

They do indeed. They report "Error while writing to ..." followed by the name of the script.

Which confirms to me that your perl script isn't reading the entire stream being passed to it - it is stopping when some internal condition is met. On very small messages, the entire message will fit within the output buffering and procmail won't detect the condition. On larger messages, your script will abort before procmail has fed the entire message to it.

The 'i' (ignore write errors) flag will resolve this.

Next time, do INCLUDE the information from the pertinent chunk of the log...

BTW, the error is documented in 'man procmail', although it isn't particularly verbose about it:

        Error while writing to "x"
                        Nonexistent  subdirectory,  no write permission,
                        pipe died or disk full.

'pipe died' being what is happening here.