Re: Having problems with a simple recipe, please help

2010-01-21 15:39:14
At 13:24 2010-01-21 -0800, Alex Rodriguez wrote:
Recipe:

:0fw
| spamc

# Getting my email messages from the timecard app on iPhone.
:0:
{
        ORIGSUBJECT=`formail -c -xSubject:`
        * ^Subject:.TimeLogger Report
        ${DEFAULT}
}

This is not syntactically correct. Besides, what is the purpose of setting ORIGSUBJECT if you're not DOING anything with it?

the singular dot before "TimeLogger" means exactly one character MUST be there. You probably want to match a bracketed space+tab, or anything with TimeLogger following it.

# Getting my email messages from the timecard app on iPhone.
        # if not USING this, just get rid of it.
        ORIGSUBJECT=`formail -c -xSubject:`

        :0:
        ${DEFAULT}
}

# Spamassassin Section
:0:
* ^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES*

The trailing asterisk means zero or more 'S'. If you're matching for YES, drop the trailing asterisk.

# Accept all the rest to your default mailbox
:0:
${DEFAULT}

Which, uhm, is where it'd go if you simply don't do anything at the bottom of your procmailrc. That's why it's called DEFAULT.

You could condense your entire post to something like:

# filter through spamc if the subject DOES NOT match
:0fw
* ! ^Subject:[  ]*TimeLogger Report
| spamc

# Check for and file spam flagged messages only if WE scanned.
:0A:
* ^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES
Spam

# messages still with us will go to default

... and here is a snippet of the log:

Those SKIPPED bits are because your condition and action are not properly preceeded by a flag line (the :0 bit).