Re: How to let procmail use mre memory?

2010-01-31 07:18:49
On 30-1-2010 13:00, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2010-01-30 18:39:47, schrieb Ruud H.G. van Tol:
Michelle Konzack wrote:

I have around 10 TMPVAR in the recipe, and it works  quiet
well if the memory of all VARIABLES do not exceed 64 kByte.
Only use Procmail where it is good, use another tool where that is good.

So you should switch to Perl or Python or so. Or even Spamassassin,
it is written in Perl and is easy to enhance.
On the (Backup) Serevr where it run, I can not use external executables
because anything in my HOME is NON-EXEC, so I can  only  execute  stuff
from inside procmail
Are you doing this thousands of times a day? No? Then why not user Perl and get past all this?

If that isn't an option then why are you doing this on the backup server? Send the message some place where you have more functionality available.

Rich