Re: procmail Digest, Vol 86, Issue 9

2010-03-09 09:26:27
At 04:15 2010-03-09 -0800, Emmanuel Buamah wrote:
<<http://mail10.teledataict.com/webmail/src/compose.php?send_to=postmaster%40teledataict.com>postmaster(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>:
preline: fatal: unable to run /etc/procmailrc: access denied

/etc/procmailrc is NOT a program or script.  You do not invoke it.

| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
| preline /etc/procmailrc -m
[big snip]

This is NOT how you invoke procmail. Further, /etc/procmailrc is a global procmailrc file which is automatically invoked by procmail if running in LDA mode. You should be running _procmail_.

I don't use qmail, but googling "procmail preline" (without quotes) returned this as the FIRST hit, leading me to believe you haven't tried looking for the answer:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/vchkpw(_at_)inter7(_dot_)com/msg05776.html>

If you can't reply correctly here, you're not going to make any friends. Please be considerate of proper email protocol - one should NEVER reply to an unrelated message to start a new discussion (that's a sign of laziness -- someone unwilling to simply type the list address into the To: field of their MUA, and in turn, it's a sign that the poster may be too lazy to read the manpages or do simple searches).