RE: How to find what matched in a given OR condition (I can't use$MATCH)

2010-03-19 14:01:52
At 11:01 2010-03-19 -0700, Komal Tagdiwala (ktagdiwa) wrote:

We have an integration with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and unfortunately,
there are some design issues with SFDC where it does not honor the email
headers to do the appropriate workflow processing within SFDC for a
given email.

I'd put down my foot and say that they update their stuff to conform to standards - your firm is PAYING for their service. If everyone who uses them has to do hacks to get around it, then you're enabling SFDC, and they won't have the incentive to fix their service.

I am currently required to preserve the Cc but if I were to alter that
one too so that it no longer has the email address which was moved to
the To field, how do I achieve that? In other words, how do I remove an
address from the Cc field ?

Most likely, you'll need to compose a helper app, perhaps in Perl, and invoke it via a filter pipe much like you do formail - there, you could parse the Cc: into individual recipients (which are not always JUST the addresses) into an array and remove those which meet your criteria, possibly deleting the Cc: entirely on recomposition (if there are zero elements in the array after cleanup). Of course, if you have to write a helper script to do that, it can deal with the To: rewrite as well, so you'd be replacing the formail invocation with the script, not invoking two filters.

[big snip]