Custom error message

2010-05-27 03:55:39
Hi,

I am using procmail as MDA for postfix.

When a recipient is over quota, the message is bounced with:

                     The mail system

  <st109811(_at_)cs(_dot_)ait(_dot_)ac(_dot_)th>: can't create user output
file. Command output:
      procmail: [49636] Wed May 26 17:18:05 2010 procmail: Assigning
      "HOME=/home/corse/st109811" procmail: Assigning
      "ORGMAIL=/home/corse/st109811/Maildir/" procmail: Assigning
      "DEFAULT=/home/corse/st109811/Maildir/" procmail: Assigning
      "LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail" procmail: Opening "/var/log/procmail"

I believe the first part if from postfix, while the second part is the
error returned by procmail (it includes procmail variables, that is
why I think it is generated by procmail).

While I could detect the over quota earlier, in postfix or in a
recipes, the recipient may have a user's procmail.rc that causes the
message to be forwarded mailbox that has no quota problem. So I must
wait the actual attempt to write to disk to get an error.

Is there a way to rewrite the error message part of procmail to get
something more meaningful?

TIA,

Olivier