Re: html to text

2010-09-20 09:05:31
At 01:31 2010-09-20, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Can procmail and links or elinks be used together to force a reformat of all incoming email to ascii-text format?

Please define "links or elinks."

You can identify properly encoded MIME attachments and trigger piping the message to an external conversion tool.

"stripmime" <http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html> is a simple tool to condense an email message to just the text portion, and if there's only an HTML section, to remove the HTML markup. This is far from ideal though.