Re: html to text

2010-09-20 16:14:41
At 08:07 2010-09-20, Bart Schaefer wrote:

 Two different versions of a text-terminal-based web browser, cf.
"lynx".   HTML can be reformatted into plain text by piping through
"links -dump -stdin" if one can assume sane values for $TERM and
$COLUMNS in the environment.

I haven't been keeping up with the textmode browser wars, apparently.

The following may be of interest, though it related to matching text in html-encoded messages, the endgame is much the same:

<http://markmail.org/message/cq3vkitaem3mneyn>