Re: Issue forwarding emails with procmail

2010-11-01 20:24:15
Hi Michael,
You're probably right! :

When I use sendmail's ".forward", "Return-Path" points to the sender,
but using procmail, somehow, astonishingly, irremediably, "Return-Path"
points ALWAYS to the user from where I forward the mail...
No matter what headers I inject with formail (-I, -i, -A ... ???), and
no matter if I use "!"  or "| $SENDMAIL", that dammit header line has
always the same INCORRECT value, overwriting the one I inject!!!
I'm totally desperated!

:0 fhw
| formail -I "Return-Path: $RETURN_PATH"
#| formail -i "Return-Path: $RETURN_PATH"

:0
| $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS `cat $FORWARD_FILE`
#! `cat $FORWARD_FILE`

I'm beginning to suspect that procmail has an incorrect concept about
forwarding...
???