Re: How to use Procmail to remove messages from server after x number of days

2011-03-01 12:12:36
On 1-Mar-2011, at 09:04, Tim Rice wrote:

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I would like to automatically
remove all mail for all users after 10 days

Easy! First, make sure you are using Maildir folders. then something very much
like this will do it:

find /home/*/Maildir/.SPAM/{cur,new} -type f -ctime +7 -delete

I put this in a crontab to be run every day. Of course, change the +7 to +10
(or whatever) and I only delete people's spam, but that's your choice.

using Procmail.

Hard.

Why are you making it hard?

--
'We'll all be killed.' 'Think of it as the lesser of two evils.' 'What's
the other one?' Vimes drew his sword.  'Me.' --Jingo