Re: a couple filtering questions

2012-07-04 13:11:35
At 10:58 2012-07-04, Jude DaShiell wrote:
What are the best parameters to use with formail to force any piece of
email to get enough proper headers on it so spamassassin catches the email
when it goes into the probably-spam folder?

Come again?  Shouldn't you be piping the _entire_ message to SA?

I want to pass all incoming email through formail with these parameters first.

You're trying to accomplish what by doing so? Removing things that SA may be using to identify the message as spam?

Then if it's webmail that's just arrived I'd like to detect that and run it through lynx so lynx strips out the html and leaves it in a form alpine can read correctly.

Please define "webmail". Or do you just mean anything where there's a single content-type: text/html ? What of multipart/alternative which have included graphics? File attachments?

The system I use put a sample .procmailrc spamassassin file in
my directory and I'm wondering when if at all any of that should be
enabled

Not having a clue to what "system" you use or what your sample file contains, it's hard to say.