Re: egrep matches, but procmail recipe not

2015-08-16 11:09:09
On 2015-08-16 16:59 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:

Apologies, I was imprecise. All those that I expected to match,

It is difficult to diagnose a multi-dimensional problem.

Start with a _single_ pattern that you know should match and try both
with procmail and grep.  Make the body empty or trivial so both procmail
and grep should match _exactly_ the same.  And make the pattern itself
trivial too to start with, say just ^From: .  If the behavior is as
expected, _then_ go gradually more complex.