Re: Extract last email from an email file (mbox format)

2016-05-26 19:03:09
* Xu Wang <xuwang762(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> [05-26-16 18:06]:
 [...]
Thank you for all of your replies! Yes I would like to use formail but
I do not want to process all the emails. I still wonder if I can just
process the last without going through every single one before the
last. The tac solutions above or tail solutions are more efficient but
the formail is more safe. I wish there were something that combined
both. But perhaps I must choose between efficiency and safety.

I believe you are either attaching too much emphasis on "safety" as there
is very little danger here from anything or maybe you use "safety" in a
context that is different that what we (or me) expect.  If you achieve the
desired result without too much difficulty, consider the task complete,
you should be able to look at the message and determine you have recovered
it all (headers & ...).