Re: Extract last email from an email file (mbox format)

2016-05-29 16:15:47
* Xu Wang <xuwang762(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> [01-01-70 12:34]:
 [...]
As mentioned, my file is huge:
$ wc -l theBigBox
2171183 theBigBox

And it will get huger. THe main thing though is I would like to
eventually make my script open source and help others and want to
allow them to have huge files as well.

I would like use this in script and use it often so 24 seconds is too
much for me.

You have control.  Divide the *hugh* file into smaller segments perhaps by
date.  You surly have some criteria by which you need to access particular
files/msgs.