Triggering after a timeout?

2016-05-30 12:51:37
I have several recipes like the following:

:0
* LISTNAME ??^^procmail^^
{
  INCLUDERC=$HOME/.sms_procmail
  SWITCHRC
}

When a message is sent to the list procmail (this list), I get an SMS alert.
This is fine for lists like this one that get a low volume of mail, but I would
like to do is figure out a way within procmail to only trigger this if an SMS
hasn’t been sent in 24 hours.

The only thing I can think of is touching a file and then checking the time
stamp for the file, but that would require invoking a shell and before I go to
that I am wondering if anyone has any better ideas?

(I think something like this would work)

SMS_TIME=`find . -mtime -24h .sms_$LISTNAME`
:0
* LISTNAME ?? ^^procmail^^
   * SMS_TIME ?? ^^$LISTNAME^^
   {
     INCLUDERC=$HOME/.sms_procmail
     `touch .sms_procmail`
     SWITCHRC
   }
  :0E
  {
    <stuff>

Comments? Suggestions? Am I forgetting something stupid?

--
Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy.