2021-03-31 02:20:35

On 2021-03-31 05:41, dvalin(_at_)internode(_dot_)on(_dot_)net wrote:

Situation: procmail v3.23pre 2001/09/13 running on a new devuan
beowulf install, using an unaltered .procmailrc which has served
flawlessly for decades on the old host.

The .procmailrc guides distribution of incoming emails to a dozen
mailboxes, but on the new host is heading each email with a line
like:

omitting the mbox format email separator: "From ...".
That, naturally stuffs mutt up mightily until I edit in some separators
by hand.

Neither the procmail nor procmailrc manpages seem to offer any
control for this, so I haven't yet been able to find where to stick the
screwdriver in and twist. Any pointers would help save what hair I
have left.

What is the mail stack, Postfix + Dovecot?

An extensive guide:
https://workaround.org/ispmail/buster/

-- Ruud