2021-03-31 06:54:43

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, at 20:48, dvalin(_at_)internode(_dot_)on(_dot_)net wrote:

Whoops, I omitted to mention that procmail is invoked directly by fetchmail, through the mda option in .fetchmailrc:
(...)
mda /usr/bin/procmail

That delivers fine to procmail, which distributes to a dozen mailboxes, but omits the mbox separator.

I reproduced what you described using at the commandline `procmail < msg` where `msg` included no leading "From " and procmailrc delivered to Maildir. Already the LOGABSTRACT in Procmail's logfile showed no "From ". And neither did the resulting Maildir file. I did the same as root using mbox, same result.

It does work, though, with `procmail -f - < msg`.

--
-- Andreas

     :-)