Re: is there a better solution than sender rewriting?

2003-10-06 12:04:51
Meng Wong Wrote:

DynDNS has told me privately that they plan to publish SPF records for
user domains, so this problem is solved.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.  We don't support TXT records
for free hostnames (somehost.dyndns.org), and don't currently have plans
to do so.  It would seem that the original poster's concern is that we
might put in SPF records for dyndns.org, and that this would then cause
their e-mail to break.  For that reason I don't think we could ever
implement SPF on the domains we provide dynamic/static DNS service to,
without some significant changes to our systems, which we don't have any
current plans to make.

We do, however, support TXT records in our Custom DNS service
(for people using their own domains) and have altered our input checking
to allow for the creation of the records needed for SPF - so that's
available and working now.

Tim Wilde

--
Tim Wilde