dyndns

2003-10-06 12:17:05
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:56:48PM -0400,
spf-discuss-request(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com wrote:
| Dear Moderator,
|
|   spf(_at_)krellis(_dot_)org has subscribed to spf-discuss.
|
| This is a courtesy notification.  No action is necessary.

Tim, thanks for joining us.  Here are my thoughts re dyndns.

If DynDNS domains don't publish SPF records, nothing will break.

If DynDNS domains do publish SPF records, there are three scenarios:

DynDNS will need to let users make a config decision:

1) publish no SPF (default)
2) publish SPF using the user-provided IP
3) publish SPF using the user-provided IP, and SPFinclude the ISP;
   user may have to specify the ISP.

Users who use the SMTP servers of non-SPF ISPs should stick with #1.

Users who have their own SMTP servers on their boxes can switch to #2.

Users whose ISPs publish SPF records can move to #3.