Anti-spam

2003-10-09 04:50:26
Hi, I've written a draft proposal against spam, and one of the people who read
it referred me to SMTP+SPF.  I've read the information about SPF, and here is
my reaction:

Because sender verification is performed by checking the IP address from which
the mail was sent, there's a problem whenever a user is travelling, or uses
dial-up and doesn't know what his/her address is going to be.  I haven't seen
any solution to this problem in any of the pages, or in the FAQ, is there?

You seem to think that the problem of sender-verification can't be solved with
backward-compatibility.  I view this as a bootstrap problem, because nobody
will start using it until it's already popular.

My proposal doesn't have these problems.  Would you please look at this, and
tell me how you feel it compares with SPF?
http://nedharvey.com/stopspam/proposalVSMTP.php

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦ç?2b¥yÈbox(_dot_)com