RE: Anti-spam

2003-10-09 18:58:28
Peter Viertel <Peter(_dot_)Viertel(_at_)macquarie(_dot_)com> wrote :

Mr Ned Said:

If my home smtp server is in new england, but i am travelling
in australia, the speed and reliability of my connection are
bound to be very poor.  You and I both recognize the
advantage of using a local mail relay instead of always being
bound to a single mail relay across the world.  Plus, as you
said, "if you can connect"...  A lot of ISPs and corporate
networks filter port 25.

What have you guys got against Australia? If you're going to pick on somewhere
as an example of a backwater, try not to pick on our continent as an example -
maybe Antarctica would be a better choice .

I don't have anything against Australia.  The reason I chose Australia is
because it's on the exact oppossite side of the world from New England.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦ç?2b¥yÈbox(_dot_)com