spam is like smallpox

2003-10-16 08:22:19
hey, new metaphor.

spam is like smallpox.

antispam vendors are the pharmaceutical companies willing to sell a
cure to those who can afford it.  they aren't really interested in
seeing it go away; their entire business model is at stake.

what we need is a worldwide vaccine so we can just stamp it out entirely.

then we can move on to more interesting things.

in other news, the new RFC draft will be released today and i am working
on a new version of Mail::SPF::Query that implements it.