deny can be softened at MTA discretion

2003-10-20 16:26:15
You can tell because the "deny" paragraph says "SHOULD" and not "MUST".

Point taken.  But that falls far short of saying that receiving
implementations SHOULD provide the option of softening denies.

I think such a feature is needed to aid adoption in large domains,
where many users may be forwarding mail to their accounts without the
knowledge of the mail admins.  I think it's important enough to
mandate the feature in the spec.

        -roy

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt