Re: new domains with SPF

2003-11-30 02:41:03
Joe Zasada wrote:

I have added TXT records to the following domains under my
jurisdiction to help make SPF a success

My friend is the tech support at a local ISP.  We were discussing SPF
tonight.  He says they always have a customer or two undergoing a joe
job attack.  I suggested he give those customers SPF records when the
joe jobs happen.  That's when they'll have the incentive to do
something about the problem.  Presumably they can be talked into
adding SPF to their SMTP servers at the same time, if it's easy
enough.

But I've noticed that my DNS server is getting very few SPF queries so
far.  I'm guessing that this is because SPF is just too new, nobody
can use it, the spec is still shifting around.

FWIW, I added (hopefully correct) SPF records to two of my domains
today.  jogger-egg.com and kbobsoft.com.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob(_at_)jogger-egg(_dot_)com

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt