Re: Good day for SPF

2004-01-09 06:53:27
wayne wrote:

Just an idea:

Could you publish the "top ten most popular SPF records"?  I think it
would be an interesting stat and I suspect that it would show that for
most people, SPF records are simple.

I can't actually process that automatically yet, as the comparatively small numbers of records mean that individual usage (eg 1 person has 140 identical "include:mydomain" records) mean the data's a bit skewed, but here's the top 10 "generic" records:

149     "v=spf1 mx default=deny"
116     "v=spf1 mx -all"
44      "v=spf1 a mx -all"
34      "v=spf1 -all"
30      "v=spf1 a -all"
27      "v=spf1 mx ?all"
23      "v=spf1 a ptr -all"
13      "v=spf1 a mx ptr ?all"
13      "v=spf1 a mx ptr -all"
10      "v=spf1 ?all"

Note that the top one's a deprecated syntax. If you have this, *please* update it! If nothing else it'll make my barchart look prettier ;)

Another fun stat might be the frequencey of mechanism usage.
Yet another would be the top ten warnings/errors

Both are valid points, if more complex to implement; I'll put them in my to-do list.

        Wechsler