RE: how blacklisting will work in the future: pki a ccreditation

2004-01-12 18:36:31

I think something like this would be great; it would be very
valuable to
leverage the millions of domain registrations that already exist.

Exactly. And the half million odd authenticated parties who own a domain
name.

This solves the small domain problem, too.  The tradeoff might be: if
you are content with having your new domain be greylisted by
default for
its first few hours/days/weeks, you don't need to buy
accreditation.  If
you are impatient to start mailing people, you buy
accreditation from a
registrar.

I suspect that it is much cheaper to get accredited than to deal with the
current situation where you can spend weeks trying to get removed from
random blacklists you didn't know about.

The last thing I want as a small business is to get caught up in the middle
of some pissing match between my ISP and some self-appointed blacklist.
Accountability has to be me being accountable for what I do, I do not want
to be held accountable for what someone thinks my ISP should be doing.