RE: Announcement: Mailbox Reputation Scheme

2004-02-01 19:04:01

On Sunday 01 February 2004 9:41 pm, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
OK, lets take this back to basics, I think there is a
salvagable idea here,
but simply transposing PGP onto DNS is not the answer. The
Web of trust idea
is made to work in practice by the key servers, these have
been left out of
your model.

I don't see the relevance of PGP, there is no PKI aspect to
MRN, although it
could be handled as an extension.

The issue is the difficulty of forming trust paths. Regardless
of how they are authenticated. It is not the public key crypto
that is hard in PKI.

That is the idea - MRN simply provides an extensible global
database for
policy engines to scan.

OK that is a more viable approach

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt