Random stats on how often SPF is checked

2004-02-09 00:05:37
Here are some stats on how often our SPF exists: macro has been triggered.

This shows an increase in the amount of mailers checking SPF at the receiving side. However, the data might indicate other things as well, such as overall spam activity for that day.

(Since all mail coming from *(_at_)altavista(_dot_)com is forged, it's all coming from spammers at this point :) Our MX servers for this non-email domain get about 3M sendmail connections per day, about 1M of these are bounces coming back to <%randomchars(_at_)altavista(_dot_)com> saying the forged message could not be delivered. )

There was an all-time high of 643 yesterday (Feb 7). Not quite 1M but it shows that SPF is proven to reject forged mail.

 15 16-Dec-2003
 28 17-Dec-2003
 48 18-Dec-2003
 93 19-Dec-2003