RE : SPF-based spam header decoder

2004-02-16 06:12:20

I tried the version that was up Saturday and it seem to have problem (well,
it report problem) with one of my e-mail so, here a question about SPF and
it's DNS config...

Our internal smtp server show up in the header with our internal IP range
(10.x.x.x).  What is the effect in that case when an SPF aware server
received such an e-mail?  Only our external smtp server are define in my dns
SPF TXT record.  Should all be included?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wechsler [mailto:wechsler(_at_)phase(_dot_)org]
Envoyé : 16 février, 2004 07:02
À : spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Objet : [spf-discuss] SPF-based spam header decoder

If James was apologising for his code being 2 days late I don't know
what I should do for this tool, which has been "real soon now" for
almost 2 months...

I've upgraded the email header checker app on
spftools.infinitepenguins.net - it now serves as quite a useful tool not
only for header forensics, but also to understand how SPF might work for
  *your* incoming mail:

http://spftools.infinitepenguins.net/headercheck.php

(Yes, it's "all a bit talky-toaster really", to borrow a phrase)

Tools of this ilk also provide another reason for people to publish
records, even if they don't want to do incoming blocking or use HARDFAIL.

Comments welcome. Bug reports to my bugzilla server please (link on page).

        Wechsler

PS: 'Received:' headers are a right pain in the regexp to decipher.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-20040209.txt
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù11{W]?Ú