Re: SRS timestamp

2004-02-17 08:21:26
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:14:40AM -0600, wayne wrote:

In <20040217145555(_dot_)GB1710(_at_)uk(_dot_)tiscali(_dot_)com> Brian
Candler <B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

There was some discussion about the length of SRS-encoded return addresses,
even suggesting using base64 rather than base36 to minimise them,
introducing possible problems with case-sensitivity.

It appears that base64 is going to happen because Shevek says "it
takes too many lines of code" to do base36."

Ouch! Clearly there is some politics going on here that I want to stay out
of :-)

If this whole approach *is* being designed by a single person without input
from the rest of the community, then its chances of being widely accepted
and implemented are pretty poor I'd say.

But we are all free to produce counter-implementations, and it's not exactly
rocket science we're talking about.

Brian.