Re: MS-Caller-ID to SPF converter (cid2spf.pl)

2004-02-25 06:26:09
In <403C816B(_dot_)31711(_dot_)30543BBF(_at_)localhost> "Ernesto Baschny"
<ernst(_at_)baschny(_dot_)de> writes:

I wasn't handy with XML::Parser, but it isn't that difficult, as I
noticed.

Thus proving MS's point that XML is easier to parse than SPF
records....

/me discovers that he doesn't have the perl XML parser, and goes
munging around on cpan

/me discovers that the perl XML parser is maintained by Matt Sergeant,
who recommended against using XML for this kind of thing

/me discovers that the perl XML parser is >200k

Thus proving one of the reasons why people objected to using XML

noticed. Here is the result of my experiments with it:

  http://www.baschny.de/spf/cid2spf.pl

nice!

The only thing I noticed is that you used ipv4: instead of ip4:

-wayne