RE: solving the demon problem

2004-03-04 07:59:24
I believe that the current spec is more appropriate, especially in that
light.  mary.demon.co.uk needs to manage its own DNS, or, if it is
automatically set up or managed by demon.co.uk, they can automatically add
the SPF record.  If there is a valid reason for having both domain.com and
workstation.domain.com as differing email sending domains, then they
possibly have different mail policies....

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: Meng Weng Wong [mailto:mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 1:46 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] solving the demon problem

I'm sorry for being cryptic.  I should mention for the record that it's
called the Demon problem because demon.co.uk gives its customers
subdomains, and the SPF policy for mary.demon.co.uk the customer can be
totally independent from the policy for demon.co.uk the ISP.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-20040209.txt