RE: A note on the semantic of MX records

2004-03-04 10:01:50
Fotis Georgatos [mailto:gef(_at_)eexi(_dot_)gr] wrote:
To begin with, this issue is basically out of pure SPF, in the sense that
it
relates mostly to the MTA policy for filtering mails, not the protocol
itself.

<snip>
I read the spf draft, but find nowhere a kind of directive for doing so.

In one sentence you state that this out of the domain of SPF, which I agree,
but then you say that you can't find anything about this in the SPF draft?

How you accept incoming mail is your own policy.  However, I think that most
of the list would agree that if you are seeing a message coming from a
machine that is published as the MX for that same domain that it has a very
high degree of reliability.  But what exactly are you asking the list?

Marc